I know you don’t like to talk, but you gotta do it for her.
This arc took a total of three scenes in the season (four if you count the scene where she’s not in the visiting room) and it still carried more weight than everything Larry’s dealt with the entire series.
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
George by Paul
Ringo by John
Paul by George
John by Ringo
I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR OVER A YEAR OH GOD
Is it just me, or does it seem that in literature and various musings about eye colours, a lot of people just… forget that hazel eyes are a thing? It’s weird because in real life it’s a more common colour than green, and yet there are an awful lot of fictional characters with green eyes as opposed to hazel. Just as with brown eyes, you rarely hear people waxing lyrical about them.